Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Ouija Boards

Today there was  a strange post on Facebook claiming that Satan's tools included ouija boards.

People who  are consumed with strange stories and tales about Satan and God imagine all kinds of nonsensical theories.  A ouija board as such is simply a planchette and a board with letters, yes and no, and requires the use of two people who together can hold their hands steady on the planchette while letting some spiritual entity control the movements of the  planchette to answer questions asked of the ouija board.

I have used a ouija board with maybe two people in my life, and both times, when relaxed enough, the ouija board does lend itself to mystical forces or powers at work.  The planchette moves speedily atop the board spelling out answers or going directly to yes or no.

What causes this planchette, a small arrow headed device with a needle on it, to move is more than I can say but I know that it did move when I used it with my mother and my friend Diane.

I often thought it was my mother's subconscious at work because I would never have said some of the things that it said to me, and often we were not sure to whom it was speaking anyway.  But the thing did move to spell out answers, none of which were ever true or accurate, so far as I know.  I did ask it pointed questions many times.  It frankly at times was quite rude and insolent.

I never thought it a tool  that Satanic forces would use.  The only connection between it and the devil so far as I could see is that it was unbelievable.  I never took it seriously but would use it on rare occasions just to watch it move all over the board. It is fun to see things that boggle the mind.

Tonight Nightline had some show about an exorcist who was able to cure a boy's crying.   Not sure that it cured his stomach ache.  People are superstitious and impressionable.  I watched the episode and don't have anything to say as to whether the kid was in need of a good scare or what, but something did work to calm him down.  It earned them a bit of airtime on ABC.  Not always trusting ABC in its shows though.

But as far as ouija boards are concerned, there really is little to fear.  It is only a board and a needle.  Why get upset about it?  And why think that people who use them or have them are in leagues with the devil?  For shame!  It is only a curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment