Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, October 18, 2013

What a week!

I would like to find humor in this week but it is impossible for me to do so.  Old Murphy's law is working too well for me. If it can go wrong, it will.  So after my printer experience which I wrote in my journal yesterday I had to have the internet connection problem today. For some reason or other, after using my computer just fine this morning all of a sudden my internet connection did not work, and so up popped a window from apple explaining something to me that made me call my server.  Good thing that I did because the technician was able to fix the thing from his place in the sky (where ever that may be as these people are situated all over the country) and so he did get the internet to work again.

So I am grateful for small favors but really unhappy with a world in which we have to have a million and one passwords, serial numbers, email addresses, and Lord knows how ever much other nonsensical stuff to know just to get started using any of these appliances and tools.  Drives me up a wall because I can remember the time that all one had to do was to buy the product, plug it in, and it worked.  Hallelujah!   How did we ever survive?

So anyway,  all that irritation, long time spent on a phone call left me irritated and frustrated, and thus, I canceled all my planned activities to calm myself down and stay home in a semi relaxed state.

But now I can finally begin my revision of my novel the way that I think I want to work it out, and maybe I will get it on the road at last after all these months.

Naturally, I analyze everything to death.  I am realizing that I must write this book to be THE book of the ages so that it will endure and become a well read beloved story.   How I will manage to do that?  Well, that is the problem to solve, isn't it?

I have always wondered why it is that people are so fascinated with the subject matter.  I know how I became involved in it so that for me it is easy to understand my personal interest.  And that is what I am drawing upon for most of this book, and that is my knowledge of Alexander, his feelings, and his relationships to friends and family that I have gleaned in my study of him through unorthodox means.

Alexander is a man created by his parents in the image of the gods who they worshipped as his mother truly believed that he was a son of Zeus Ammon (so the legend goes) and his father truly believed that he was destined for a great future to lead his own army.  I believe that his father wanted to create him in his own image more than that of the gods but nonetheless he was certainly instrumental in the child's development at an early age to become a military ruler.

Because of the supernatural aspects predicting his birth, his family was definitely certain that he would be a great world leader, and so they shaped him  into the kind of man that they hoped that he would become.  Little is known about his childhood but stories have come down through the ages about his being a child marvel, impressing even his adversaries when they met him, and confounding closer foes at home who feared him.  Rumors and speculation had spread throughout the world about him due to the many prophecies surrounding his birth so he was always studied, followed, and either admired or jeered, depending upon the situation and persons he encountered.

I learned of his genius during my method of receiving information about him.  Alexander had speed, more speed than anyone can imagine. I can remember one time when it came through me so that I was entirely controlled by it one day to understand why it was useful for him and when and how it could be used. I realized that it did not serve me well. I had no need for that kind of speed but in fact it had operated full force in me for a whole day.  I was impressed with what I believe controlled his entire life.

There is a way in which I believe that he is a god or like a god in that he had a mental comprehension of all things regarding his operation in the military role that simply is inexplicable. His mental grasp of the most minute of details is mindboggling, but he did know each and every aspect of his campaign from top to bottom in an easy grasp.  It is so godlike to experience that kind of comprehension that it is unlikely that anyone can ever appreciate it.  One has to experience it for themselves and when one is in that state of mental omniscience it is incredible and amazing.  But I did experience that through his mental thought process and I realized that he knew every imaginable aspect of his military operation.

How I will be able to translate this into a readable and enthralling novel is something that I have to work out.  Condensing a situation such as that of a military machine into a paragraph is as difficult as anything to imagine.  But if anyone clearly demonstrates the need for the military to take orders from someone in command who knows how to give orders, this army and its leader clearly prove that that is the cause of success in a military operation.

In other words, Alexander is the genius who decides the way in which the army will do combat.  He is who knows how many men, how much armor, how many horses, how much food and rations, how many medicals, how many weapons, etc.etc.etc....He delegates the jobs to his generals who in turn must then reach each and every man in their individual units.  His first experience at leading an army himself was when he was only 15 and that was after serving a brief first time stint working with his father.  So his years of studying his father's methods, his innate ability to lead and control, his desire enabled him to early on successfully prove himself as a leader and ruler of the army his father had built.

I guess that is why he has confounded followers in later years.  He is a true military genius.

But not only did he lead his army, but he was an architect of cities.  He founded and designed many cities to develop the boundaries for his kingdom which he founded.  He was also a very holy man, dedicated to the worship of the gods and to do sacrifices in their honor to help him to succeed in his mission.

His determination to succeed has had no match in history since though many have tried.  He was compelled to fulfill his ambition which was to become one of the gods.  Those illustrious heroes of the past had to be equalized and even vanquished if necessary so that he would rise to the Heavens also.  He seems to have succeeded.

Now all I have to do is to make this life interesting through the written word.  Now that I have my printer I will attempt my version of his story.  My way.

No comments:

Post a Comment