Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Grocery shopping

For a little change from all the history lessons offered in this blog, I went shopping today. I went to Fry's to see if I could find the most delicious apples that I have ever eaten: Honey Crisp...oh, my, oh, my,ohmy!!!!I love these apples but they are expensive at $1.50 a pound. I learned of them from my neighbor Janice whose husband likes them. I tried one and could not believe how good this apple is. It is a huge baby. But so honestly sweet that when I tried baking it in the microwave tonight to see how that would turn out, I did not use any sugar or cinnamon so that I could get an honest taste of it naturally. Oh man oh man oh man...it was as good baked as raw! I love raw apples best.

But this held its flesh, did not turn mushy, and its juices did seep out, and I cooked it all without adding anything to it at all. It was super good. I am in love with this apple.

Then at Basha's I was able to find some manager's specials in meats at already reduced prices but now lowered even further, and did I ever make out on that one...I bought a sirloin steak with $4.00 off, a filet mignon $4.00 off, and two packages of chicken wings, $2.00 off each one...that was so good that I will have enough to last me through next month. I am so happy!

The apples are for me what persimmons were for my mother. She loves persimmons and I acquired a taste for them too. Just love them...If you can find Honey Crisp apples at your local supermarket, get them, at least one! They are the very best apple there is to eat fresh and raw! Don't miss out! I am giving you fair warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment