Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Turning Cold Now

We are nearing the end of October, and the temps are now cold. I stayed home today, just relaxing, reading everything I can about the prospects of horses at the Breeder's Cup Races. The idea that a horse like Goldikova can win the same horse race three years in a row is as mindboggling as Zenyatta's winning a perfect record with number 20 at the Cup. (Granted, she has never carried the weight that Man O War did but she is just as unique in her record setting winning ways.) I am likening her to a cartoon in an old French book I used to use to learn French, and it was so cute it makes me think of her. It has a greyhound walking alongside a dachsund dog, and one can see that the dachsund's have a rough time competing with the greyhounds due to the length of their legs. I think that Zenyatta is the greyhound with the other horses making me think of the dachsund.

In other words, stride for stride, Zenyatta's long legs carry her further over the ground than the other horses shorter strides can carry them. So it goes. It is like basketball with 7' foot tall men competing against men who are only 6'tall.

At any rate, we all want to see a good show, whether it is Goldikova or Zenyatta, what difference does it make but that it happen and it is historical and while it won't pay much, it will enable some to win a trifecta or triple 3 or 4 who had never won it before.

I also found some new blogs today and am really impressed with the way blogs are laid out and all the gimmicks and gadgetry that can accompany them. Some are a part of this group so I am wondering how one adds music, and all the other glitzy tricks to make a blogpage really extra special.

I will eventually learn but it is slow going. I can only spend so much time a day at this stuff! Am posting a photo I took at IKEA last week. It is of a park bench but is pretty and I want it to be seen and shared with those who do spend a little time at my spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment