Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, October 8, 2010

My recollection of Marie Adelaide

I am currently writing about Marie Adelaide from the book Horizon in which Joseph Barry has discussed her importance to the King. I had had a memory of Marie Adelaide in which I realized how much the King loved her and why.

She is an impish girl. As the King and Madame de Maintenon are strolling through the gardens, I recalled the young princess running and skipping up to us as we slowly walked down a garden pathway. These pathways are dirt laden and carefully prepared for promenades. Madame de Maintenon and I are standing side by side when Marie Adelaide runs up to us, makes a quick curtsey and bows before me. She is adorable, and I noted her huge wide eyes, and her sweet innocence as she greeted us, and then went on her merry way, skipping and running down the garden path. She was beautifully gowned, a mere child, but enchanting, and her big wide eyes held mine as I looked at her mischievous manner. She is an impish child, but I adored her. Madame stood beside me as the girl recognized me and then ran down the path. I noticed how still and quiet Madame had been during this encounter. I tuly loved that young girl.

Now, after waking from that, and discussing all that I had previously, I realize that this experience is stored within me somehow for me to have it. Because of the size of her eyes, and her size, I saw a resemblance between her and the first official wife of Alexander the Great. I remember Roxanne as having the most beautiful oval eyes as to make me think she has an Asian Oriental heritage of some kind. She was small, dimunitive, and had beautiful long black hair and huge eyes also. I am inclined to believe that Louis XIV loved Marie Adelaide in a way that makes me believe that the resemblance between her and Roxanne is such that there is an automatic return to a former love that the King would not have known or understood or realized. I realize it now.

I see a remarkable resemblance in a man who I had loved in my youth who reminds me of Genghis Khan's appearance also. I was amazed at the similarity so that I thought what if I had fallen for this man's looks unbeknownst to myself because he resembled what I had looked like when in the person of Genghis Khan...it has made me wonder is all that I am saying.

These are deep pesonal thoughts, but they do occur to me, and I am thinking about them, realizing that perhaps our subconscious causes us to behave and react to people due to our former encounters with them...something to consider.

Yes, Jim, the bartender, looks a lot like Genghis Khan to me in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment