Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Home

After a day's outing there is no place like home, and while that sounds like a tired old refrain, it is certainly probably more true than anything one can imagine. Twice in the past week, I have felt so glad just simply to get in the door and be back home again where I can just relax, be myself, and take it easy. I don't know how I will be able to travel any longer since just short hops wear me out and make me so happy to be back in my own place once more. It is the surest sign of growing old of anything, that is for sure. Just wanting to do nothing but be at home means you have finally arrived at old age.

Age is something we fight, and I do not know why we do. None of us wants to stay young forever, and to be honest, I do not think that there is a time when you really admit to finally reaching that stage of life which means that you are an elder, but I have finally reached it. Finally, my brain and mind is giving into my body's warnings, and I am at last truly old, ancient, elderly, and am admitting it. Whee...it is a sad thing to wake up to realize that the body wins in the end. We cannot beat it. Nature is such that the body rules.

I have to admit I will not ever fulfill all my fantasies and dreams, but enough good things have happened to me to make me feel very well rewarded indeed. I have finally come to grips with the truly important things in life, and I am happy for that.

Everyday there is a good event and a bad event...no doubt about it...I drop things all the time as my hands for some reason just can't hold onto things any longer like they used to do. All signs of the aging process. I wonder what each day will bring, and I suppose I will have to comment now and then..but this time, it is the little nest that we make for ourselves that we call home that is so important to me. Now I have to start ridding myself of belongings and call the past history and let it all fade away...No more momentos of yesteryear...Have to start thinning things out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment