Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Apartment Search

I went to another area today to look at an apartment and met a lovely manager, and possibly have found a place for me and my cat at last that won't cripple me. To make things clear, I am in a limbo state so long as my father is alive. I alluded to this in the movie Proof which is pretty apropos to the situation.

I am not going to discuss that all over again, but the point is that by going to this apartment I will be returning to a place in AZ where I lived in the past, reminding me of my youth, and my years as a beginning teacher. To live there again is a bit of a stretch, but there is a good reason for me to choose this particular spot. One, it does not charge pet rent or ask for a pet deposit. It is clean, it is less expensive than this high rent district where I now live, and it is nicer in many ways, as the maintenance of the grounds is better than here.

There are two other places I will look into but for the moment I am pretty much deciding to take this for six months at least, so that if my dad does pass away I am not in for a long term. We just don't know what the real state of his health is at 95.

I would like to move to Vegas in one way but cannot afford that at the moment. I am still always hoping for a big major change in finances but so far I have not achieved that.

My reason for putting on Guy Lombardo's Enjoy Yourself is that I remember it from the days of the Royal Canadians and I loved it and realize how true it is, that time passes as quickly as a wink, and whether you like it or not, the best time of life is the time when things go right for you and you have a good time.

People make our lives happy or sorrowful. It is all that simple. Animals do not do much either way but simply befriend us as we befriend them. They give back whatever it is that you give to them.

People to some extent do the same things. So if pleasure is what life is mostly about then it will be enjoyable. And pleasure is far better than pain or agony in my opinion, so I say enjoy!

Apartment hunting has given me a certain kind of freedom. I can at least get out of here and maybe make some needed changes in my habits now. Won't discuss my problems here. Not the place for that now. Just that I realize how quickly time passes, but we must make the most of our days the best way possible. A pet to have with us is a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment