Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cat Saga at an End

Last evening, Janice and I successfully transported Snowball to my apartment so that I could possibly give her a shampoo with a foam non water shampoo that is really quite nice. But to do that, I had to develop a rapport with the cat which just could not happen as it turned out. We got her into the house to let her run freely to the patio door where her son, Alexander, followed after her. All evening long Alexander would not tear himself away from her. He sat and watched her, stayed near her, and she seemed to simply stay still and quiet. She may have hissed at him once as I can no longer well remember everything that happened, making me wonder why it is that people seem to think that any emotionally distressful thing can be recalled readily. At any rate, I picked her up and took her into the bathroom to show her the litter box since Janice told me she had a full stomach which generally means soon that she will be emptying that stomach into the litter box.

Because the litter box sits next to the toilet seat, she immediately hid behind the toilet and Alexander parked himself near her to watch, and guard her all night. I petted her once, and even attempted to have her move, but she had a fit at that, and fought back, and I let it be, getting a lesson in cat movements that made me more than a bit sore and angry at her as well as at him. So I left them to themselves, him parking himself at the doorway so that she couldn't get past him if she tried, and I went to bed to sleep.

At 4:00 in the morning I am wakened by this howling screech and wondered what the heck, and went in to see who was screeching so loudly. I saw Alexander standing at the rim of the tub in attack mode howling at his mother who was now sitting in his favorite spot to lie down in the tub...

I got him out of there, but with some effort, as he fought me, and scratched me, and went into a catfit like I have never seen before. He was on the floor, literally shaking, and I calmed him down to bring him out, remove his litter box to the dressing area, and to keep him away from his mother for the rest of the night. I put a clean litter box in for her to use, some food and water, and closed the door, only to return whenever I had to go to the john (which turned out to be too often for my own good, but pee I had to do as I was a bit of a wreck too by this time.) Snowall stayed calm all night, stayed in the bathtub, and I told her she could either leave if she wanted or stay there and put up with this all night. I then let the door open, put Alexander in a carrier so he could not run after her and bother her, and she would not budge but stayed in the tub.

I made a mistake and told my neighbor Janice about it as it was at her house that I had found Snowball to bring to my apartment. Janice took everything wrong, plainly being a pain in the ass to me, by accusing me of keeping her over night. I never keep them overnight she said, as if that mattered. She did not know what had happened between me and Sandra, or me and the cats, so why is she jumping to conclusions I am wondering.

But at this point, I don't give a darn. I just want to sleep and to get some rest, and am angry at cats in general and would probably put them all out of existence at this point.

But Alexander had been stressed out, fearful that his mother would probably move in,compete with him, and take his place. I had to calm him down, get him to do his normal routine to show him that he had nothing to fear so he returned to his own habits and was soon back to his normal self. I would never let him go near Snowball again, and eventually talked to Janice who decided to take it upon herself to help me by coming to get Snowball and return her to her patio.

I told Sandra what had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment