Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wood Memorial

Yes, I did bet on Toby's Corner in the Wood Memorial. At horse races especially, I have inner sources that feed me information, and many times I have not acted upon those inner feeds until today when I finally got bold and placed a bet on Toby's Corner. It immediately fell from 18 to 1 to 8 to 1 but I did get paid for my belief.

I have the most unusual stories about horses and horse racing that would make any jockey, trainer, and owner wonder, but they at least can be considered true. Alas and alack, I do not always go up to the window but I learned during all this time that my inner guides were telling me true so today I finally capitalized on it and bet it to win.

When I get the video I will probably place it here so I can remember this day that has probably saved Uncle Mo from losing badly at the Kentucky Derby. I did this years ago with a horse called Sunday Silence. I had been in Vegas at the Barbary Coast, sitting next to some whitehaired old man who was chattering on and on about a race that was at Santa Anita. All of sudden I looked at the odds, and knew that the favorite could not win, so I jumped aboard this man's favorite, which was Sunday Silence, and I then won that race, and Sunday Silence went on to become a legend also.

I love horses, so today I retained my discipline of not overbetting and stuck to my guns by just going with one horse straight up, not playing exotics, and left happy.

As long as horse racing remains fun and pleasure, it is a good game. I have known a few times when it is gets a little too serious for some of those who play the game, as they cannot stand it when they lose, and then take out their anger on someone nearby. If you could not afford to lose the bet, you should not have placed the bet.

So I always stay sane in my betting practices. I know the name of this game! It was fun to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment