Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, April 22, 2011

Writing my novel

You know that I have not done a thing with my nanowrimo experience but let it rest, like you are supposed to let steak rest so as not to lose the juices. But I was just reading something at facebook that convinced me that probably I should try to write parts and pieces of my novel here just for the airing of them. I have not been keeping up with my other journal either as these past few months have been so busy that I have time to do only so much. Age is full of limitations as you age. It sounds like excuses for procrastination, but in reality, it is common sense not to take on too much as I am often want to do.

You see as I let it rest I critically examine it more and more and think of the areas in it which need development. It is not like I am not working on it. I am, but it is a revision within my head thing more than put it down on paper. I can see areas where I can finally develop the general outline to make it more interesting and entertaining.

So I may use the blog just to create some ideas about expansion...this is only thinking outloud but on a place where I can refer back to it.

I had two dreams this morning that I can finally recall a tiny bit...one was about an auto accident, and using blood and evidence to prove guilt or innocence...the other for some reason about a wine invitation and a letter that seems to get confused. Neither dream makes sense at all, and I don't see them entirely as metaphors, but perhaps so...but one was about living family relatives which I could see clearly at an age where they had been when younger, and the other of friends who are also seen in their youthful stage...now I wonder why it is that dreams do that, take us to times past rather than in the present. dreams are strange things to endure, aren't they?

1 comment:

  1. ... and still, strangly many a times, things seen in a dream are able to become future indeed.
    Wishing you only happy a sight.

    ReplyDelete