Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, April 11, 2011

Keys and Purses

This evening I came home to open my bag to take out my keys, and saw that they were not in the pocket area where I keep them. I was stunned, dismayed, and upset as could be as these are my apartment keys, and what could have happened to them. I am chronic about checking and protecting them all the time. I panicked out. But I did empty my purse, did not see them anywhere, got on my cell phone, called a neighbor, as I had to find the maintenance man to let me in the apartment. I was scared as all get out.

I went to the office and it was fifteen minutes after closing, so that I had to get the maintenance man to help me, and so had to call my neighbor to learn which is his apartment. I found him, he was wonderful, went to the office, got me a set of keys and gave them to me to open the door.

I saw a friend of my neighbor's who has a car, and I went to him to ask if I could get him to help me to find the keys if I could. He was so kind to say yes that he would help me, and so I went to his car, and as we were driving I noticed that there was a hole in my pocket where I keep them. I thought, uhoh, maybe they fell through and maybe they are in the purse yet. So I felt around and sure enough, they had fallen through to the interior of the bag. What a relief! So we turned around and came home. I was never so grateful to anyone in my life as to both Dave and Jared who befriended me when I needed it, and Lee, who did help me, with finding Dave, and reminding me to get a spare. What an evening. I will select a song video for this to calm my nerves which have not yet recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment