Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Forrest Tucker

When I worked at the Country Club near Chicago, Illinois, in 1959, I met up with Forrest Tucker who was playing in a summer musical The Music Man. That is why I have placed some scenes from FTroop and The Music Man here. I loved the song Til There was You.

Forrest Tucker had lunch at the club one day and I was asked if I wanted to serve him. He had a young girl of about 16 with him then and her mother accompanied them. He was a lot like Errol Flynn, then, apparently liking his girls young and innocent or not so innocent, whatever. I did serve him, and took umbrage at him when he looked up at me and called me "Baby". In those days, as I was all of 20 then I felt like a dumb fool being called Baby in front of his table. There was a large group who accompanied him, but I remember him as very tall, very handsome, and very brash.

I look back at it now and have to laugh. All this is very interesting to think about after this many years have passed under our feet.

Doesn't seem that long ago at all. The Paul Lynde episode is very funny as are the blooper videos. I had a speech professor at Kent State who definitely reminds me of Paul Lynde. No doubt about it now that I look back at it. They resembled each other a lot.

(Both were known to be quite gay, isn't it obvious?)

I tried to put up a video on the song you made me love you, which will have to wait awhile. I am closing the laptop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment