Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, January 19, 2013

HorseRacing and Gambling

I went to Armadillo today where Virginia the waitress there planted me at a table. I was soon surrounded by a couple of men, one of whom decided to sit with me. When I saw that Kayla Stra was back at Santa Anita, I asked him about her horse, and he said to me that while it was not such a great horse ( a long shot) that up against the others it was pretty good at that...So we watched while Kayla came in to place. I know she is a hustler and can do it, but I did not bet it which was my fault...Second time now that that has happened while I was at that particular otb.  So I was wailing and moaning at what a dummy I am but then later at the Sunshine Millions which was the main feature of the day, I saw that Ron The Greek was the second favorite and shouted all over the place, Oh I love Ron the Greek!  Then I saw that the cameraman and director had him on t.v. with him waving his tail happily and I thought I am going with Ron.  So I had a small voucher left over from a dismal day last Wednesday and so I bet my remaining money cross the board on Ron,  and he ran away with the race!  What a great time!  I would not tell who I was betting when they asked me because I said I hope he will win and I will tell you after he does....(the guy had already pointed him out when he was only a number on the tote board as having gone from ten to one to five to one. He ended up going off 3 to 1.  But he paid me back and I am on my way to my next big effort, to finally nail this goal I have of winning a superfecta somehow!  So it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment