Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Computers, Laundry, and Novel

I have a strange history at Apple, having taken a lot of classes there to learn the ins and outs of the apple computer.  There are tutorials on youtube and even a free series where you can learn all this stuff as well as just using search engines to find information, but one on one means that you have  a living being sitting across from you trying to impart some knowledge that they know about a subject into your head.  However, I admit that learning a computer is not just simply gaining the information but utilizing it by putting it work immediately or else it is quickly forgotten.  $99 is the cost to take such a program where you engage with so called experts. I will admit that many were very nice and helpful while others were frankly incompetent and clearly did not know a damn thing about that which they were talking.  In surveys,  I would try to respond to questions to give some idea how that session had gone,  but generally speaking there is little that one can say except that young kids need a lot of learning in more than just computer skills.

I am speaking specifically about a young girl who showed me how to do footnotes. I have been an English teacher, have a college education, and had the strictest teacher (professor) on earth about footnotes, so that this girl's idea of what footnotes is was just too dumbfounding for me to  believe. I did ask one of the other tutors eventually about it.  I could not believe what I was hearing.  There is a definite way to make footnotes, and it is not copy and paste which is what she told me to do.

So be it.
*************
So then after the Apple session which was short and sweet, I traveled all over the area to finally go to the econo  wash that I knew was always busy whenever I had passed there on the city bus.  I went to Tempe after checking out a place that a friend had told me about.  I could not even get into the parking lot there so  I gave up on it quickly and sped to the place I knew i could at least find washers. I had earlier checked out the reviews on the laundry where the parking lot is so difficult to find, and learned that a reviewer had been correct...I had been forewarned at least. It does help to write and read reviews believe it or n ot.

We have our own laundry room here at the apartment but the comforter is too large for any of these small washers which take only one load.  The washers at the econo wash take up to 6 loads, and have dryers that can handle 50 lbs even.

Mine went into the 30 lb. but it is only probably less than a pound in weight.  Well, it could be a pound...It is very lightweight, but its size and fluff make it large so that it filled the dryer totally.

*************

So now I have my books out again, and am planning to set up the process by which I will finally write this novel. I am going to delete the information that I have here on my novel because I really do not want anyone to know anything about it until it is done. If I change anything I don't want to have to make explanations.

No comments:

Post a Comment