Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Socializing

I attended a gathering today to enjoy  a buffet at a place in Mesa called The Golden Corral.  This restaurant is really very fascinating for one good reason.  The food is better than just good.  It is very good. I was surprised to find a buffet that had really tasty dishes.  It is a large buffet with plenty of variety, and is packed full with customers streaming in and out all day long.  It has a breakfast buffet also.  But our lunch/dinner whichever it was depended upon yourself.  You can have as much food as you want, and as Roger said to me, If you go away hungry, it is your own fault.  So I ate up. I liked my salad choices, and the salad bar was full of everything from regular selections of lettuce, iceberg, spinach, and a variety of veggies to go with it as in all salad bars, radishes, cukes, cheese, bacon bits, croutons, etc.  There was a special Caesar salad which  I chose, some potato salad, cole slaw, and relishes galore.  Deviled eggs were included as well along with broccoli salad, and beets, radishes, etc.etc.etc.  So dang good I could hardly believe it.  They then had choices of Mexican dishes, Asian dishes, steak, meat loaf, fried chicken, rotisserie chicken, and finally desserts of all types, sizes, and shapes. Pies, cakes, cookies, cheesecake, even fresh strawberries, pineapple, apple, and marshmallow that could be dipped in white chocolate, dark chocolate, and caramel sauces flowing from a fountain.  Ice cream, both hard and soft, and even cotton candy spun at your discretion...What a variety of goodies! So much to eat. So reasonable in price.

I had my salad, some asian food, chose spring rolls with sweet and sour sauce, two varieties of chicken and some noodle, and a big piece of southern fried style chicken breast which I hid in my purse to bring home for supper or snack.   Then I had a strawberry with white chocolate, a marshmallow covered in chocolate, and a pineapple with caramel sauce.  The apples did not look appetizing to me cut open. I loved the strawberry as I took the biggest and reddest one...it was fantastic and the white chocolate was good I shared a piece of it with Irene and Joan.  It was that good.

We all introduced ourselves to each other as most everyone there has been going to these gatherings for the past ten years, and this is the first that I came to know of it.  So I went to meet with all the group who are here from my hometown in Ohio.  We discussed school days and the past, and generally it was an enjoyable session as I made a friend who recently just became a widow. Her husband passed away November 10.  She is a very nice lady who lives in Celina.  We have become friends on Facebook now, and I hope to see her again.  She is a nurse.

In my years here in Arizona since i moved back here, I have been slow to make many new friends, and while I contacted one from the past, most that I knew yesterday are dead and buried.  And I have not connected with that old friend since I last talked to her on the telephone years ago when I first moved here.  She lives on the other side of town.


So ended my day!  I went on a tangent again but deleted my rant about Hollywood.  I actually kept my mouth shut about that today.  Sometimes I feel like I am similar to the guy in the Rime of the Ancient Mariner but fortunately today I did not compulsively refer to anything that has t.v. in it.

"Watter, water, everywhere, and not a drop to drink."

The difference between Heaven and Hell is a take off on that...

"People, people, everywhere, and not a friend in sight."  You know you are in Hell that way.

Love walks in and you know you are in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment