Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Musings on a Saturday Morning

I overindulged the last few years, ate desserts whenever I felt like it, rationalized it away by saying that I am not going to deprive myself, but finally have to admit that all that excess sugar intake has added pounds and bad fat to my body.  So all of a sudden, I decided gee I do not want to look like this, and am now on a health food kick, intending to use a juicing and vegetable diet with some protein to shed all this unwanted fat.   What a jerk!  Yes, indeed!

So last December I had seen Vitamix sold at QVC.  I watched it and listened to it, then decided to read the reviews that were posted there.  Then I checked out Bed, Bath, and Beyond to see what they offered, and with their 20% off coupon I decided that I might buy it there if I liked it.  At least I could take it home to try.  In the end, one cannot say enough for the machine. It works like a dream, has a great warranty, and service policy so I bought it with my coupon.

It is expensive but all the reviews said how much better it is than cheaper models which many had used, so I thought that it would be the smart thing to take a chance and at least try it. So it is on its trial run this week.  I have made one pot of soup and three smoothies with it so far.  I could not do any of this without this machine as I have thought of what would happen if I took it back.  No chance of that now that I have finally learned how quick and easy it is to use, how good the end results are, and hopefully, naturally of how they will help me to get through three long months of reduced calorie diet.

I have only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment