Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Starting a new regime is not easy

Actually, since I have begun this diet program I have not been feeling exactly in tip top condition. I did read a warning about beginning detox programs so that perhaps my system is having to adjust to all this newfound liquid vitamin mixture which I had been trying.  The interesting thing is that while I literally hate yogurt I am trying it now to see if it will be good in smoothies, and one tonight was good. I can eat it that way. Smell is always the first part of eating after sight...if I can't stand the smell, i probably won't be able to eat it.

But i am reading how good yogurt is supposed to be for you. I do not know if it is really true or not or if it is one of those crazy attempts to sell otherwise unwanted foods to you.  I would not eat it at all if it weren't able to be camouflaged with other foods in it.  I can't drink white milk unless I add chocolate so that the recipe I used tonight for a banana smoothie which uses milk, yogurt, frozen banana, and chocolate worked only because of the banana and chocolate.  I was surprised that it did taste good, and that I actually liked it.  So I will drink it again and again and try the same kind of thing with other fruits as well.

It calls for 3/4 cup milk, one cup yogurt, one frozen banana or banana with ice cubes, and chocolate syrup to taste, about a tablespoon was in the recipe.  Put it in blender and mix...It worked out great! I was in shock!

I will say this much. My calorie intake has been so low in the past three days that I am even surprised by how little I have eaten.

I will keep an ongoing progress report.  I figured that if I had 100 shakes at $5.00 a throw at a local juice store it would be the cost of the mixer.  100 shakes in three months would be a lot to drink at a store. I only have ever had one smoothie at a  juice store probably in a years time. In three days time now at home I have had four already.  That is $20 if I went to the restaurant...I will keep tabs of all the expense of this beginning with Vitamixer itself.  It is priced at $499.  It is a professional culinary institute of American   machine. I got $100 off it so it cost me $399.    $400 divided by $5 gives me 80 drinks .  At the rate I drink smoothies in a store it would take me 80 years...Well, anyway, so it goes...

The convenience alone makes it possible for me to drink these as well as soups, and dressings, breads, and heavens knows what else that is possible!  Just cocktails like daiquiris, pina coladas, and other mixed drinks is incredible. I can make my own whiskey sours.  Which does say that most barhopping is for social reasons more than drinking...well, women, anyway!

Men go to the bars for the booze I admit.  They are the ones who are most prone to being alcoholic!

Well, I admit I am trying to justify the expense. One girl did respond by saying that she uses it to make her own flour.  I had not thought of that. One can grind meat with it, and make peanut butter. There are lots of uses for it. I love the idea of grinding beef.  But it will take me some time to even attempt that.  I will watch a video on youtube to see how it is done first.

Well, it is my new toy.  It will be interesting to see how often I use it.  I will keep a progress report.

No comments:

Post a Comment