Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, January 10, 2014

The Hand of God and other things.

Tonight on local t.v. the ABC station posted the photo of the dead star that was x-rayed so that the composition looks like a hand.  The media or NASA dubbed it the Hand of God.  It does look like a hand.  The beauty of it is astounding.  Naturally, it appeared on Facebook in which a million and one comments have been posted about it, allowing people to vent on their attitudes about God and even Satan.  Lord knows that it is a dead star.  But it is a beauty!

One to One

One to one sessions are coming to an end.  Apple lets me know how many days I have left. I had planned a session for this coming Tuesday, but have changed it to the following Tuesday now that I am going to the Desert Botanical Gardens on a free day.  Believe it or not, every second Tuesday of the month, the Desert Botanical Gardens offers a freebie to the adults so that they can bring their children to the gardens.  The Chihuli Glass Sculptures are on display and I want to see them. Thanks to my neighbor Barbara who told me about the free day, we are going to take advantage of it this Tuesday so that i had to change my one to one session.  I  actually first learned about them from one of the tutors who had told me all about them.  So it is rather interesting that they are back after some long absence.

It gives me a chance to use my camera as best I can.  This will be fun to see how I do with it.

Fighting a cold

I try to drink enough orange juice and grapefruit juice to ward off colds but today I felt as though I were trying to come down with one so I went to Walmart and bought two boxes of ruby red grapefruit to eat over the next two weeks.  Natural vitamin C is best anyway and it is the season so I am loading up on that for a month. I checked the old grapefruit diet in which I may be able to lose 10 lbs along the way.  That would be nice if I really could.  I will be weighing in to see if there is a loss or not.

A very tough diet in England that allowed only a protein drink, salad, and vegetables also was used to bring insulin down. I learned that the grapefruit diet actually works and may be able to affect insulin as well.  That is very good news.  Maybe that is why I never had a problem with sugar. I ate so much grapefruit.  Unbeknownst to me, it aids in lowering insulin.  I had no idea until I read it today.

Cats

Greta Susteren shared photos of her husband, two cats, and a dog which were fun to see.  Ozzie and Sharon Osbourne had given her the most beautiful siamese cat some years ago which she named Ozzie.  That cat is absolutely one of the most beautiful I have seen.  She had another cat Bill who has a personality that makes me wonder.  He is pretty but not as glamorous and gorgeous as his older brother Ozzie.  The dog photo was funny with the dog sitting in her chair at an angle that was unreal. Greta is a one fun journalist who also only happens to be an attorney at law.

My cat is wonderful but likes to kiss me awake and I have to giggle outrageously when his whiskers tickle me. I do not think he knows why he gets peals of laughter from me but I cannot help it. I am being tickled by my cat whenever he wants to lick my face.

Horses and Money

I am trying hard to achieve my goal of winning the right superfecta or other exotic bet in the game of horse racing but my zest and enthusiasm crashed after I did not do well at the Breeders Cup.  I am trying to pick myself up to get back into the game again.

I have a favorite already for the Kentucky Derby. I won't jeopardize the horse's chances by naming him yet.  But I am hoping this is the winner.  Anyone with a brain would know why I would want this horse to win it but I won't tell on him yet.

Who knows who will be eligible as they are just starting to filter in.  Only a few have acquired any points at all.

Alexander and Macedon
I tried an experiment tonight to see how it will work.  I put a link on the previous post which I picked up from Pothos.  It is called the Latsis-Foundation, and is a book about Macedon. I have  book on Macedon which contains some of the same material.  This has a few more statues, busts, and a lot of data that I did not know until now. It makes for an interesting read.


No comments:

Post a Comment