Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The All Star Game Parade

At noon, in downtown Phoenix, a short parade featured the players who would star in the game that brought thousands of visitors to a parched and thirsty for dollars community. Fans came from everywhere representing each team, and it was interesting to see how many would bother to show up for this noonday parade. Surprisingly it had a lot of fans who braved the heat and welcomed the incoming players.

I took the literail so that I would be able to be at Chase Field, and so I videotaped a few scenes of players waving to the crowd, and even giving out free goodies to the appreciative bystanders. The children loved to get as many as their mothers could hold for them. I noticed one woman who stood near me had a basketfull of goodies, baseballs, mostly, and another lady had a bag of tee shirts and memorbilia. I spent no money but took the bottles of free water that were made available to those of us who got off the train.

The most interesting thing is that at Fourth and Washington, at the trainstop is an energy experiment which actually cools down the area using both a cooling system, and a coolant shade. It was wonderful as it felt like a light breeze, and was very cool. I had to wait for the next train so I found this spot and I took advantage of it.

A young man who represented the company told me that there are 4 of them in use now, and perhaps someday may be all over town. That would be COOL!

I remembered all my days working at Little League games today, and enjoyed watching these little boys grown tall as they say, and decided to attend a senior day outing at the ballpark this month if I can get a ticket.

The game itself I watched at home. I left after the parade, went grocery shopping, and was happy to be back in the coolness of my apartment to watch the game. The ending was a surprise for me with the SF pitcher sporting his number and winning 5 to 1. That is very personal to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment