Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fourth of July celebrations

Today is the fourth of July and I can hear all the fireworks going off outside. I love to see and hear fireworks, but they do not change much over time. If they are going off now, what will happen tomorrow night? I have no idea, but we have fireworks almost every night around here.

They are even selling home fireworks in the stores but they are allowed only in three cities. Would I buy fireworks to have to go to another city to use them? Heck, NO!

I had to take back a watermelon and two cantaloupe to Basha's tonight after I found that the watermelon was only pink, not ripe, not sweet, and the cantaloupe were hard and not fully ripe yet either...but they put it back on my debit card...annoyed me no end...I was all set to have a good piece of melon. To me, that is what the fourth of July is about...watermelon, picnics, and fireworks!

I told her that last week's melon was so good I was bragging about it but this was dreadful. This was from Tolleson, AZ, but the previous week's was from Mexico.

What does that tell you? Mexicans grow and harvest better melons than Arizonans do.

I may have to go to the flea market to see what the Mexicans are selling there. Usually their produce is pretty darn good and very cheap!

So while we Americans may celebrate the holiday, sometimes we do not live up to our overhyped belief of how good we really are. I don't think that this is the time to find that we are really failing in our causes!

Anyway, tomorrow is a great national holiday! Celebrating America's independence from the crown of England is the why of the holiday! And all the while we are now watching Kate and William tie the knot and Albert and Charlene follow suit in Monaco. Strange people we have in this world...commoners who are fascinated with fairy tales!

Then we turn around and toast to our nation's birth! Is this a crazy world or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment