Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 31

I just reread the entire 50,000 word plus work that I did for the NANOWRIMO group last November, and as I have been working on developing it I had to reread it to remember what I had done.

My theory is that the gods and goddesses in whom the Greeks believed so much at that time are the real reason that Alexander behaves and succeeds as he does. I do not believe that most people even today understand well why it is that the gods and goddesses of that kind had so much power, but when you study the literature of the day you see the influence that they had on the various personalities of the times.

So that is my running and ongoing theme in the novel that I wrote, and in fact, I am only imitating Homer to some extent. But before one can imitate, one must know his works. I have read the Iliad several times over, and while it is a fascinating literary work it is through Alexander and his friends that I criticize it.

So after rereading my own work last November, I now have to rewrite the entire novel this August so that I can have it published in September. Much of it is fine as is, and that part of it is usually the creative work that I simply made up instead of all the historical narrative which I paraphrased. That has to be totally redone and cleaned up and rewritten to appear coherent and smoothflowing. After rereading my earlier work multiple times now, and several other historical pieces, I finally have the entire picture in mind of how this novel can and should be written.

In truth, does the world need another book on Alexander? He is after all, dead and buried for all it is worth, and all that may be left of him besides simply those artifacts that people think are of value, coins, portraits, busts, etc. documents, stories, true/false, could be a soul remnant of some kind...Soul is how I got involved in this, and while I do not try to explain why it is that I had such a wonderful time exploring his life through his spiritual being, I did, and I am thus involved in writing this book so that young people can discover a side of him that few will ever realize or know besides myself.

Alexander is recognized today simply because he accomplished exceptionally extraordinary feats at a very young age. To understand why he had the power to do that requires an understanding of the environment of his day in which the people truly believed in the gods and goddesses who controlled and manipulated their lives.

Some few young people today are given responsibilities unique for their age, but so far in human history, none have ever accomplished all that Alexander did in a day and age unknown for rapid mass communication. Stories circulated then, but not in the minute of a telegraph message, a telephone call, a television image, or an internet communication. More than likely, the lack of hi tech enabled his success instead of impeding it.

By the power of Zeus Ammon, I will finish this task by August 31, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment