Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Kentucky Derby Bet part 2

A track that I soon visited after driving from California to Michigan in 1973 was Churchill Downs. In 1972, I left California during an election to go back to Michigan. In 1973, Secretariat won the Triple Crown. I had passed through Lexington, KY. on my way, and a motel there impressed me with its motto on a card that said, Our patrons are worth it. This was bluegrass country and this was a reminder from the maid to leave a tip. It is one of the few motels that I have ever tipped the maid for her hospitality and work. I was worth it.* Secretariat was the most magical horse that had ever happened to America in that time period. People were tired of politics and needed a hero, and found it in a horse. I can never forget that beautiful horse who thrilled us all in the Kentucky Derby, who went on to the Preakness, and won there. I was at a friends home for both races. But for the third race, I stayed in my own home with my dad sitting behind while together we watched Secretariat make the most fantastic run in history. I was astounded at his performance.* Soon after that I decided to go to Louisville in the first week in May to see the Derby for myself. I had no idea what that entailed but I took a greyhound bus, and bussed myself to Louisville. White tents packed together on the streets of Louisville impressed me no end. I met a man who told me about Edna's restaurant, a key word to me, and I immediately understood when I went into the grandstand and saw Churchill Downs for the first time myself. I recognized enough of it as Edna's place that I realized its significance to me. That is one reason I say the horse that wins loves the track.* I saw Lucien Lauren in person. I had no idea then at the peculiar fact that the colors of Secretariat were the same as on a dress that I had worn (a gift to me as a kind of second hand rose) to the Salk Institute in So. California. That was published in the local newspaper. I have that photo to this day.* I met a man whose name I will omit but who told me that a horse is just a commodity. He has the name of a famous trainer which is why I will omit it but I always think of it.* I attended the Kentucky Oaks race, studied the chances of my going to the Derby, learned what it costs to enter the facility, and decided to place my bet (I lost) and return home. * I said the name of the horse that I thought would win, immediately knew it would not, as I have a spiritual gift that tells me the truth of winners and losers, and right away knew that Snow Chief was not going to win the Derby that year...When my voice is sound and strong, the horse will win...if it weakens, drifts, and fades out, the horse does the same.* I was back in Michigan the next day, and watched the derby from t.v. as everyone else did. I would not fight my way into the infield to blend in with the crowds there. The Derby is one big party and fun! Let us keep it that way always. This year I am going to bet a monster trifecta for the first time. The horse I believe will win is a longshot. I believe that he will win and that I will bet him singly on top of several for exactas, trifecta, and superfecta. I will also insure myself by betting a normal protect yourself bet just in case Union Rags or Bodemeister or some other favorite may be able to do it. I doubt it. I am convinced that the longshot will win. I have given his name up several times. I have a good reason for betting him. I have already placed a $5.00 win bet on a future bet for him. He is IN so he can WIN! but it is still a few days to go before this race is won. Hope I collect on that Monster Trifecta!

No comments:

Post a Comment