Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Kentucky Derby Bets Part 3

Usually I say you need a racing form to bet wisely and sensibly. But with the internet providing enough information in videos and handicapping opinions, you do not need to waste the money ($6.00) when the internet provides the answers for you.* Remember one thing...Nobody knows until it is over who is going to win. I maintain that the horses know, that some omniscient force and power knows, but nobody else does...I believe in the powers that give to me the names of the horses just before they win. They are Nearly always right. I could cite them but will let that pass for this entry.* So no handicapper anywhere really knows any more about it than you, I, or the man next door. It is a game, a risk, and an educated and practical guess. Nobody knows when a horse could lose a shoe, could break down, could throw his rider, etc. So count on little but chance to satisfy your penchant for game playing if you play this game.* A win, place, bet across the board will give you the payoff for a single horse. A double will give you the pay off for two winners in two consecutive races. A pick three will give you a payoff in three consecutive correctly bet winner only. These are dangerous bets. After studying horses winning and losing ways for years, I seldom bet anything but a single race and often a single horse.* However, an exacta is the horses that come in 1,2, or win and place. One can make an exacta box. If my horse does win, and he is a long shot, he will pay well no matter if the favorite or a medium horse will come in second. Why? Because the number of people who bet him is so small that the pool will be divided up amongst those of us who use that longshot horse with the favorite, and the payoff is better if he wins rather than comes in second.* It is important that you understand that for winning is the name of the game, and big payoffs is what the professional gamblers look to survive and to win this game.* We do not care that Bob Baffert had a heart attack, that his horse is named for his son, that kind of sentimentality has nothing to do with the end result of the race. The end result is the fact that we put our money up on a horse, and want that horse to win to pay us in a manner that will feed us, house us, and maybe even give us a year's break from the recession.* I once heard a voice from the crowd yell to a jockey, " I have rent to pay". I had a man come up and hit me because he lost a race. I had no idea why he picked on me. When I saw Talk Radio I recognized him as the actor who portrayed the man who shot the radio jockey in the movie...A Hollywood actor hit me!

No comments:

Post a Comment