Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, April 27, 2012

Philip Gets Another Statue

Corinith was bustling with excitement. People crowded the streets, cheering, reveling, waiting to see Philip appear with his many delegates who followed him around. I watched the crowd as they elbowed one another, each pushing one another, trying to find a place to watch the dedication of the statue, and the presentation of the City's recognition of Philip's great work which he had just fulfilled. A clean, crisp cool breeze accompanied the brilliant sun as it glared down at the huge crowd gathering in the gardens. The ocean breezes filled the air, carrying the smell of the sea into the hillside. An azure blue sea circled the city when I looked down from the hilltop to gaze out into the distance. I heard a cheer, that soon became a roar, so that I realized that Father was entering the gardens with his delegation. I hurried to meet him, pushed my way through the raucous masses, and saluted him when he saw me. I had to stand as one of his bodyguards along with the other pages who traveled with him. He was about to have a statue dedicated in his honor, and to receive the approval and acceptance by all the populace of Corinth. At last, my father had achieved one of his goals. He had finally united Greece into a single body.

No comments:

Post a Comment