Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Kentucky Derby Race Bets

Betting the Kentucky Derby is a chance, a risk, a payday for many who think straight and know how to detect the likely winners from those who just want to be "in" the race.* A little history on me. On a rainy day in Southern California an old school chum of my dad's who had earned his dough during the depression betting race horses came to visit my dad when my parents had come to California to see me. This fella was a very close pal of my dad's and so he took us to Los Alamitos where he made $50 bets on horses. This was my first outing, and as it was a rainy day, a situation occurred at that track to where the inside rail produced the most winners, something that I have never forgotten to this day. That was my initiation.* I love quarter horses. They are swift, quick, and by golly, it is all over in a few fractions of a minute...wow! What speed! What beauty! I even saw Doc Severinson one time make a personal appearance at the track in Southern California...tooting his own horn for the pleasure of the gamblers.* Eventually, I made it to Santa Anita where I for some odd reason one day just happened to name many of the winners without knowing a dang thing about it but the oddity of it caught my attention. This was done while walking by the horsebarn area, long before I even knew the actual layout of the track or the barns. The track is situated right next to a shopping center there so it was easy for me to get lost going from the shopping center to the racecourse.* Finally, I went back to Santa Anita to bet when a fellow teacher asked me to go with her to the races, and that is when I learned what the inside of the grandstand looked like, found the walking ring, and the paddock area, and learned what the gambling windows were all about. I was very green despite having watched my dad's pal strut his stuff when at Los Alamitos.* I finally went back to Santa Anita, began to pay attention to the horses, noticed that they paid attention to me, and learned that I am some kind of horse whisperer. That is why I became so interested in horses. I found that I could communicate with them.* I have bet a variety of wagers since that first initiation and introduction, but some of the men who befriended me told me that the $2.00 better is the backbone of the track. Notice how large grandstands are in comparison to the clubhouse and the turf club. I have used both grandstand and clubhouse for varied reasons, usually ability to see what is happening, and became acquainted finally with the necessary tools to finally win horse racing. A racing form, a program, and an interest in the horse, jockey, and trainer who is making his living on the success and failure of these beautiful animals.* Santa Anita is and always will be my favorite track of racetracks because it is there that I began to seriously learn the skill of gambling race horses. I have visited many other tracks, but Santa Anita will always be top favorite with me.* Am publishing this to take up in next post as I know from sad experience that the built in paragraphs will have to have a star in front of them so you will know that this is where I made a paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment