Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, April 30, 2012

When women write about men

I do not know how to use the word processor at this blog spot because all my paragraphs end up one single paragraph causing me to believe that blogger simply wants my blogs to be brief. Women can write about men if they have undergone an experience such as I have done, and that is to recall lifetimes in the person of a male then. One who relives an experience as a man has the ability to think as a man. I have had many battlefield experiences, and I was no Joan of Arc, but instead I was in the person of Alexander the Great. I stepped over many dead horses and men, I dodged many horses astride my own warhorse, and I saw life in 4 BC as Alexander experienced it. So I believe I can write only those details as I saw them, including that of the city of Persepolis should I ever get this novel that far. I have found that writing about his childhood has unearthed information that I did not know existed but has been revealed to me as I write it. I won't change those writings at all. The historical narratives that I used to paraphrase I will alter a lot to make the story interesting instead of dull and dreary. So yes, I can write about men when I am drawing upon these strange kind of interior experiences. So there!

1 comment:

  1. I still use this as a diary kind of journal and I am a bit defensive today about women writing about men, especially military men. I had written an earlier post but deleted it. I mentioned a cartoon showing an old man with a shadow of a young soldier behind him representing his youth...I could see myself as a woman today with four shadows behind me illustrating those men of the past whose lives I have come to know.

    ReplyDelete