Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I have a new smart phone

This week I called Sprint to ask about HSN's Galaxy 3 since it is sold on flex pay and because I explained that to the customer service lady, she was kind enough to tell me that I could save $100 if I went to Best Buy who had a special on the phone with Sprint.  This works out for me so that I called two Best Buy stores to be certain that the phone was available and that it was really a savings for me.

I went down, met a salesguy name of Rocky, who then was very helpful and got me set up with my new smart phone for the going price of $118 total after taxes etc.  Later, I learn from Sprint customer service who so generously devoted her time to helping me get the phone working properly that the monthly fee will be a bit higher than what I am paying now, but still good.  The only drawback in this is that here in my locale the 3g is all that is available so far.  But I can go to Chandler to see how the 4G works since it is being installed there so says some salesman at the Tempe Marketplace store.

Then I go down to Sprint Service store following day because contacts are all messed up as are a few other things, but I only reported two which he was able to fix...Nice technician who gave me the real lowdown on the phone and the service at the store.  It turns out that Sprint does not really have to help if you don't buy the phone from them for the first 30 days but they were generously nice and fixed it all up for me.

I am just becoming acquainted with the phone. I had had an android before, an HTC, which I actually liked until the end of the contract for then it went cahooey bellyup too in many ways but it did continue to work and function but was giving me lots of trouble at times which annoyed the daylights right out of me.

The new HTC has the beat sound system which I did get to hear finally and I loved it...But I am sure it was the headphones who made the sound so really crisp and defined. I could hear every sound vibrate as it should. That almost sold me on the phone again. I know that there is a computer by HP that uses that Beat sound also.  I may buy it when I get the chance if I can find it. It impressed me when I read about it.

However,  I am going for cheap, cheap in the world of computers now.  I just received word from Norton that is confusing the heck out of me on my notebook. I have not been using the notebook thinking that the Norton was not effective...Turns out something is up and I will have to find out what since I just learned about my renewal time which is soon...so I am ticked about that too.

I get so outraged by computers but I have learned one thing about all of them...Nobody ever helps one another much which always annoys me. I wonder if it is because they just don't know, are stupid, or just don't have a cooperative spirit.  People who share problems help one another and I appreciate those who do so I always listen.  The sales lady told me that the HP is a good one.  But with no explanation as to why. I like to know what does it do that another does not do.

I want a computer to write my novel.  I don't use computers for games, or for business dealings, stocks, bonds, or shares, but purely for social reasons and for the purpose of my business which is to finish what I have started.  I can probably write some of it on my smartphone but I won't try...and I did digress a lot I see.

Back to the smart phone.  It is so cool.  I can talk into it to write comments, status, and probably even a note or a book...However, you have to enunciate well and get close to the mike...but I am practicing and learning...it is so darn fun.  Then the camera shocked me no end today.  It has so many functions I could not believe it. A smile function that is suppose to take photos when the person smiles...it did not work right at all...but I tried.

I will go to the library tomorrow to read all about it. I must close now. I have been online enough now.

No comments:

Post a Comment