Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, November 25, 2012

New Samsung Galaxy 3 cellphone

The thing about cellphones is that they are used more for computer aspect than phone calling.  My bill tells me exactly how I use my cellphones.  All data is sent to me, and I use the phone aspect so little as to be ridiculous but I overuse the computer part of it as I love it for facebook, twitter, email, and Gmail. 

Phones spoil you for there are many apps to use, one of which is Songza.  I am listening to it right now. It is one of the best.



I had problems with my original phone Thursday night when it suddenly cut short or blacked out. The phone was dead. Frankly, the last thing I need is to be without a phone.  So the next day, while on the phone talking to my dad I was cut off three different times. It just went dead.  Next day I was at Tempe Marketplace going to talk to Best Buy about it.  So I stopped in the stage area to see an orchestra playing and took a photo of the Christmas tree. It died once again.  Just went out.  So that pushed me to go to Best Buy to talk to a rep.  Luck was with me as I found a man who told me that if I bring in the receipt that I would get a new phone.  Have I ever learned now about phone replacements.

So this is what happened.  I took my phone in with box, charger, earbuds, and receipt so that nothing was amiss except the starter guide book. I had forgotten that.  I did not realize it until I opened my box with the new phone accessories inside it.  The sales manager was very nice, took the old phone back, reminded me of their protection plan for $9.99 a month which only works for damaged but not lost or stolen phones.  They will immediately replace a damaged phone if you buy their protection plan which for a year is $120.  Only $30 difference from the insurance plan that Sprint has because the deductible is supposed to cost$150 according to the customer service lady at Sprint.  Hopefully, I will never have to use either but I do pay for the insurance plan which covers repair work if I need it, and with the HTCEVO4 I certainly did need it.

Then I went to see the Google computers which are found only at Best Buy or Online.  They have both Samsung Chrome and Acer Chrome.  The typewriter keys are amongst the best, and I like both frankly but the Samsung Chrome is only 2 lbs. and the Acer is 3.3 but it also has a hard drive, and HD Camera.  All I have to do is put $50 on a preorder and I can pick up the computer before Christmas if I decide upon it. But I really do like it. I have read everything there is about both Acer and Samsung.  The weight and thinness of Samsung is so impressive. I like it so much but online there is a 550 for $429 which Best Buy does not carry.  If I buy it at Best Buy I get points on my rewards.

I am listening to Songza while I type this. I am trying to put on as many apps while in the clubhouse as I can.  Next I will see if I have trouble with the bank again as I had had in the first time I tried to put the bank app on.   But it is helpful and I could pay bills with it if I choose to do so.

I learned what micro memory card is thanks to the girl at Google. She showed me where the micro sd card goes and where it is in your phone.  The girl who transferred all my data nearly forgot to put it back in my new phone but caught it in time...I am wondering at how much we have to carefully watch for all these things which we take for granted so much...crazy world right now.

Well, sharing with others may help someone for all I know. I wish that some would speak up. I know that a lot of people like Iphone 5 but I do not ever know why.  It is so teeny tiny small in comparison and I like videos to be so that I can see them. I think that there is a "false" snobbery about Iphones.

The entiire apple industry is a bit "snobbish" in my opinion.  In the end, I decided that over the cours e of a year I do not want to spend more than $200 to $300 for a computer per year.  Apples are three times that for sure. I cannnot afford that even if a millionaire, and in the end, all computers are habits.

I will try google chrome and keep my other two windows.  Google is not windows at all. It is also the one company that is supposed to be the best investment for young investors. I am too old to wait around for ten years but it is one of the top companies for young kids to consider...Just a little tip for you if you choose to listen to Aunt Janet here.

I am going to buy the SamsungChrome in December. I can afford it.  TATA

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that you have a specific phone in mind, so how’s the phone and its functions? Spending an ample amount of time to research is definitely a must, so that if ever you find something about it that you don’t like, you can always look for a better one.

    Joanna Daniels

    ReplyDelete