Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, November 9, 2012

Spouting off Time

Well, the election is over, and the winners are gloating and pleased with themselves, while the losers are sad, disheartened, and depressed. All had hoped for a return to great economic good news, but instead taxes being raised are making the headlines at CNN.  Oh boy, and a general has stepped down out of his job due to an indiscretion on his part...More to come in the soap opera of the WhiteHouse I am sure.

But I am going to spout off now about the people both on the inside and the ouside. I was really shocked to learn that people really believe that they alone know what is going on in the USA and who it is who should be elected to the most powerful job in the land...So we are told that it is the most powerful. Truthfully, that is not a realiable fact either.  Three branches of government means that the Executive Office has only a limited amount of power.  He can only do just so much.

I never really cared what people thought about my decision on which person I would choose. I do not like Barack Obama for sending horses to slaughter when he had promised not to do that. Then I read Ed Klein's book which says simply that Obama thinks that political promises can be easily broken because that is what political promises are all about...in other words, just so much bullshit.

I took an instant dislike to him when I read that.

I have contempt for both parties now.  I believe that anybody who is popular can get votes but that does not show respect for the office or for the nation.  The people deserve that the person who wins the election have credentials which make him capable of holding that office.

Romney at least had the  good grace to laugh at himself at the Al Smith function which told me that he was on sounder footing about himself and his past performances than what others seem to be.  Had the election been determined by the speeches given there, Romney would have won hands down in a minute unless as many already suspect, the election was rigged from the start.

I am not sour grapes about Barack Obama's win. I was torn in half.  Some of Obama's platform I approved, but not all of it.  I just simply do not like him as a  person. Romney came across to me as a decent and fine upstanding man, and I like him but did not approve his platform...so I was torn.

I do not like religion to creep into politics. Unfortunately, the Republican party has not only let it creep in but has given in to it in a  fashion that has turned many voters off.  If they could have gotten rid of some of the stupid thoughts that emanated from some of the men who spoke about rape and abortion as if it were some kind of insignificant wound they may have stood a chance. It is amazing to think that any of those men got any support at all.

Most fortunately were defeated soundly.  Thank Heaven for that.

About Romney's wealth, well, I am one of those who believe we had needed that kind of thinking man to finally know how to handle the economy of this nation.  I admire Romney for his ability to create businesses, thus, jobs, and profits.  I wonder at many who do not realize this, and for me, that was the most important reason to vote.

We need positive thinkers, doers, builders, and great men and women to serve in public office.  Hopefully, some will continue to try to serve this nation, and a smart electorate will finally elect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment