Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Movies

I have been watching movies lately.  Lincoln is the latest Spielberg directed movie so I decided to watch a few trailers of the film.  Sure enough, just as I suspected Barack Obama is being treated in a few publicity shots in a fashion reminiscent of Lincoln.  He has always said that he admired Lincoln so that it is obvious that he is imitating some of Lincoln's lonely portraits in the White House in a few publicity shots.  I saw the resemblance.

Skyfall is the latest Bond movie. It is number one at the box office which is to be expected. I have no idea what is happening except to know that Bond had been declared dead but has decided to resurrect himself to help his old pal M who needs him to stop some serious threat.  The trailers are  too action paced to make sense of any of it. I like the old sophisticated, debonair, and charming Bonds better than the gutsy, masochistic, rugged Bond.

If real life were ever as genuinely intriguing as movie life, we would be one sorry group of people. I hope that never do we have villains as well portrayed as Hollywood makes them.  Because for sure, we do not have real life heroes as bright and brilliant as those portrayed in our "hero" style films.

I hope that Barack Obama does not react to the movie Lincoln in the same way that Nixon reacted to the George Scott movie Patton.  I am suspicious that all these secession efforts are just a bit of a publicity stunt for the movie Lincoln.  You can bet that this movie will be Oscar material and will win many without fail.  By the way, Sally Fields as Mary Todd Lincoln makes me laugh, but she is cute in the role...probably too cute.  All 130 pounds of her! The real Mrs. Lincoln, not Sally!

No comments:

Post a Comment