Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Reading about Writers

Professional writers and authors who take time to contemplate their work habits exposes a lot of both good and bad habits.  I am not a published author in my own right yet.    I have a long way to go before I can join that group.  I am an avid reader however, and at the moment, I am reading James Patterson's NYPD Red which is a crappy book. He writes in the style of Steve Berry, James Rollins, Dan Brown, and others. Dan Brown apparently set the standard for this group of superficial writers.  Fast paced, page turner type stories which keep reader on the edge of the seat.  But this plot is both silly and stupid, stereotyped, and mundane. I am almost ready to give up on it but I will pursue it to the end, maybe, to see if it will impact how I write.

I had a nice post from my friend Ann-Katrin this morning as she is the only person who has read my first draft totally and given me comments on it. I will occasionally post a sample page but I delete it immediately after 3 or 4 days to read it since I do not want it ripped off, and I deliberately use chosen select phrases to throw of any possible attempt at copying or plagiarism.

I love "My" Alexander also which is based simply upon some of my own life. I threw my bottle out of the crib at nine months my mother told me and would not use a bottle again after that.  I walked at the age of six months so I was a bit precocious myself...but I only know what adults told me...Heck, I would not know when I did what when.

Ann-Katrin told me that she likes "my" Alexander. I realize that Alexander and any other person of fame belongs to the world, and that the real Alexander can only be known to himself which in my case means me to me.  I believe that the only reason I am privy to the life of these former giants is because I had been them in that time period. I have adjusted to why it is that I am now who I am, and I realize that in many ways, I have reaped what I had sown in former times but in a way that most would not ever understand it.

The most important thing that I have realized in this ongoing study of MY self is that time is compressed and only a second away when in a state of recollection.  Then becomes now for a few hours and it is still living and well within that part of one's self that contains these spiritual records.

I am writing this for those who may benefit from my experience as I did benefit from Taylor Caldwell and Jess Stearns (not too sure if I got that right or not but for now I will stick with it as I can edit this at any time.)  The point is that through sharing my experiences when I did, I did get feedback that helped me to understand some things.  Example is the wedding of Susa. I did also put the remembered columns on a blank page to recall at will. I do not know if I put the wedding veils on or not but I remember them still as when I saw them just as I also recall the tents and the columns so well.  Talking about it did get a description of the place from a person called Amyntoros.

Grateful for that...end of long passage for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment