Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Life Changes

I have spent a good many years studying racing.  I love horses and did write a few words as to why last evening only because I was in a mood to say I told you so.  But I since have changed my mind about publishing that in a public forum.  I have learned that words get distorted, misunderstood, and can be very dangerous if misinterpreted.

My relationship with animals is pretty certain.  I find that they can draw me into their lives with relatively little difficulty.  Animals have their own means of communication when one takes the time to pay attention to them, and I halfway imagine that that is all that they want...lots of attention and loving care.

My cats have taught me that they are just as loving, affectionate, and demonstrative as dogs.  I think that cats are given a different attitude by owners since they are so clean, and so independent in taking care of themselves.  Dogs do not have litter boxes. Nor do they sit around and groom themselves in the same way that cats do. I wonder if the other members of the cat family do that, or if it is limited to only domesticated cats.

I depend upon my cat a lot, especially to wake me up in the morning.  Without fail, he is poking me, licking my face, and making me get up so that I can put out his morning feed.  For a small cat, probably really regular sized, he is a very strong and powerful male cat.  He is quick, way too fast for me to try to catch, so I do not allow him outdoors without a harness and a leash.   Without the leash, I could never keep up with him when he takes to running.  Since I have not neutered him, I will not let go out without the leash. If a cat were in heat, he would be on her in a second. Thank Heaven no female cats run loose around here.

I have not neutered him since I believe it is the cause of Alexander's early demise. I read some articles that try to explain that neutering is not the cause, but why the argument if so many cats who had been neutered had not died too soon after.  I still believe that for some reason, and I have no idea why that that is the cause of Alexander's disease that eventually killed him.


It is a beautiful afternoon now.  I will spend the day getting a few necessities done.


No comments:

Post a Comment