Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Barsine and Alexander

I am still adding sections to my first draft of my book on Alexander and I began writing about Barsine and Memnon and Alexander last night. Had to go to google to check out info on Barsine and I did find a lot of information there that really was quite interesting. I have read Scott Oden's book on Memnon but some of the information that I learned from the search engine was even more interesting. When one begins writing, it seems that a writer lets go into a whole new dimension of himself so that writing automatically reveals and exposes information within that otherwise one would not imagine. I was surprised when I began writing about Barsine at what came out of me...It is finally becoming a love story. And a very interesting one at that. Just jotting this down here so as not to forget it. Alexander was only 6 and 7 when she lived at Pella when her father was in exile. So that his observations of her then would have been that of a very young child whose interest in her may have been curiosity more than attraction. However, it is interesting to learn of her marriages to both Mentor and Memnon which Scott Oden developed in a fantasy way in his novel. She later becomes Alexander's mistress and bears him a child, who they called Heracles. When I first asked myself for proof of Alexander in my soul's knowledge, I did see Barsine and her son Heracles. I fell in love with that child. He was the spitting image of his father. Strange how all that worked here...all my searches from way back when produced all kinds of interesting results in today's ongoing life. Happened to see a child at the mall who resembled the child as I recalled him . It seems as though there are all kinds of strange repercussions when one undergoes lifetimes of the past because it does seep into the present. I actually had some fun writing about Memnon's sudden attraction to a young girl blossoming into womanhood as she is quite lovely. Alexander at that age would not have yet had any more than a mild attachment to her had they had any interaction with one another, but he does acquire her later when he is adult enough to appreciate her once again. So it is an interesting romance that he has had, and I allude to it in my first draft but did not develop it yet. That's all. gotta hang up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment