Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, May 19, 2012

How I played the Preakness

Because of an incident which happened yesterday at the Blackeyed Susan group of stakes horses I waited to place my bet today and at a different otb spot. I am very happy that I went to Brennan's today because I was able to utilize the information I gleaned from yesterday to exert some patience to wait to see the horse to be sure before I placed my bet. Now granted, I had analyzed all this last night and pretty much knew what was coming, but I still always hate to overbet and consequently waste money so I decided to check out the horse before placing my bet. I did bet an exacta with I'll Have It All on top but boxed it with Bodemeister just in case. But watching the horses, I saw I'll Have Another send his signal and I caught it so so I then went up and placed a single win bet on him. I am very conservative even yet and even when knowing facts but it does pay in the end...and eventually I will make my goal. I did win with him as I did not play anything but win and the few exacta bets that I made which also paid. However, I did not go any further with exotics which I could and should have but for some reason or other, I let the atmosphere of the place influence me a bit...There is money going every which way in there as dogs were racing also and were paying a whole lot better if you had been into that...for today I was only interested in Pimlico...The Belmont is next! It may be more of the same with Bodemeister and I'll Have Another but several passed on the Preakness to sit it out and wait for the Belmont...Time will tell if this will bring another triple crown to the world of horse racing or if it is another almost got it this time round...I am hoping that he will win the triple crown as he deserves it as does his trainer and all other connections...and Bodemeister keeps proving that he is one of the greatest horses ever too...I wonder if it will come to pass...time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment