Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, June 24, 2012

The act of writing a novel

I have been reading many books since I began writing my own novel begun two years ago. I realize that it will take some time to finally be ready for publishing.  Learning so much through other people's efforts helps me to know how to revise and rewrite my own.  I have read several award winning books, some of which I wonder how they won a prize at all.  When a book cannot hold your interest or get you even mildly involved it, I think that writer's prizes are a bad joke. I am reading a book right now that is so inane, so badly written, but on the jacket it tells me how many awards this woman has received, and I wonder why?  Is something wrong with the committee who decided this or am I just not able to see how or why this woman could do anything but be slammed shut to prepare for the annual book burning ceremonies which kids love to give so much.  Honestly, I don't think much of prizes when they award this kind of junk recognition.  What can I say? She takes the prize all right, and in my day, that was tossed about as an insult!  Not a compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment