Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, June 18, 2012

Creating characters

Writing novels is a lonely lifestyle to be honest. One never can be sure how many readers will actually enjoy the topic, the plot, the characterization, etc. We find authors we like for individual reasons of our own. Author's tone creeps into any work no matter how carefully the author may work the story. I just began writing a series of characterizations about the Sun King's family, friends, and members of the court to release all that has been dwelling within me since learning of this ruler of the past. I found him quite by accident. Having to accompany my mother to the library during her aged years, I passed time walking through the shelves of the library investigating books. For some reason, some internal feeling from the solar plexus region kept me going back to the same shelf. I had no knowledge whatsoever of French kings, knowing only a minor bit about Louis XVI who had been decapitated by the ruthless French Revolutionaries. So I finally succumbed to the solar plexus's draw, making me realize that my Aunt Doris had been right all along about the spiritualists who dwell within one's self. Some spiritual entity was making me take an interest in the life of Louis XIV. I finally pulled a book off the shelf and began to read it. It was Nancy Mitford's book about the famous Sun King, chock full of illustrations. Louis XIV is a most fascinating man when one finally takes the time to learn of him, and take the time I did. I decided one day after watching a story on a French television show to use my hypnotic tapes that I had purchased twenty years earlier to see if I could learn anything. I literally knew nothing but a little bit that I had found in Mitford's book so that when I heard a phrase, and experienced the unusual berating given to me I learned that I had been in the person of the Sun King himself. I had asked to learn of myself. That set me on a quest to learn more about him, and I spent many hours discovering details that I did not know even existed anywhere, but fortunately, I had help so that books eventually came my way to learn about practices that were done in the Ancien Regime to understand why it is that I had undergone that particular experience. The morning levee being one of those known only to the SunKing himself in the way that I experienced it. I had never been to France, had not known anything about the Chateau de Versailles to be honest, and never had cared about castles in Europe at all. So why was this happening within me? I searched everything that I could find on the internet to learn all that I could about the King. I was truly taken in and overwhelmed by the grandeur of the times, the beauty, the splendor of the court, the feelings and mind of the young Louis as well as later the aged Louis in signing the revocation of the edict of Nantes even, and finally even his last days when he wore the famous diamond covered coat. I milked this time period for all it was worth, and fell in love with the King as he has appeared so interesting and fascinating to me. I came to see and learn of many of the members of his family and his court...there are a few that I have not had the joy of seeing but for the most part, most of his court has come into my visions enough times for me to understand his feelings about them. So I just decided to try writing a few pieces about him. I had earlier been writing about Alexander the Great's youth and wrote a full novel in first draft form trying to frame my thoughts and ideas on how I want that to develop. It will be altered and changed a lot from the first and second narratives as I was trying to combine actual history with imagination and some gleanings I have had of him as the experience with Louis which was done through a spiritual guide from within also led me to the knowledge of Alexander the Great. I see now more clearly than when I first uncovered each one. More later...will publish this now and share with those who care.

No comments:

Post a Comment