Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Truth, not fiction

I am adding this for anyone who cares to understand the way things work with me. One of the benefits in writing even that last blog is that for some reason all of a sudden I had a vision of Philip at Alexander's birth...one would wonder how this can be...I could see him bigger than life as he waited for the birth of his son. He also receives news at that time about an event in which one of his horses wins in a chariot race at the Olympics. It is also said that news of a victory in northern Thrace by Parmenio is relayed to him. I am pretty sure that those things all came separately but were tied in together as time passed to make a good story about the birth of Alexander and its significance to Philip. Images flash into my mind. They also go very quickly, but for a brief moment, I could see that time period as if a snapshot and how Philip had looked. One can psychoanalyze this all one wants, but the image came and went very quickly...It makes me wonder. Philip is a relatively young man, very vital, muscular, and extraordinarly looking in his dark curly hair. He is what one would call a rake. More than anything in the world he wants a son to follow him, to live up to his name and successes, who can carry on after him. He has been told that he will be the father of a conquerer of the world. One wonders how this affected him. Did he unconsciously compete with his own son who would take over his army after him? Was he envious and jealous of him, or proud of him? WE find out as the story unfolds.What I have to do is to remember this quick vision to make an illustration for the novel when I publish it. Note to myself there. I have to add this now that I am rereading it...some would say that Philip is trying to contact me, that he wants to be seen and known here. I add these things to remind myself when I read it later as I am forgetful as all heck any more. It could be true that in spirit that is the cause and reason for such things happening. There are a thousand and one explanations...

No comments:

Post a Comment