Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, June 29, 2012

Daily Life in the summer of 2012 in AZ

Believe me, this has been the hottest summer I can remember where I have just plainly found it too hard to get out in the day so that I stay indoors and avoid the heat.  You would think that I would accomplish something this way, but that is not the case.  I am lucky to get one thing done each day.  Naturally, I do far more than I admit to doing, but taskwise I am limited to accomplishing one thing at a time in this time of my life.  I am slowed down to the pace of a turtle and by golly, I am almost starting to enjoy it.  ''

Today, the maintenance man came to fix the leak in the shower and bath, the ceiling where the air conditioning filter is located, and a front closet door that sometimes causes a piece to drop so that I cannot close the door fully.  It  took some calling to make certain that he would come and finally when he did come, it took a while for him to get all the things done...A towel rack had to be repaired, the faucets in the tub had to be to toally replaced, the ceiling where the air conditioner is located had to be fixed, and the front closet needed a quick fix.  He did it all in a very quick and orderly fashion, proving to me that this man is worth his salt.  Plus, he was very nice about it all. I seldom have had to make complaints about anything but he has always been good about doing his job. A very nice man.

I had baked another banana bread last night, and while it was not exactly the same it is as good as the other that I have put into freezer bags.  That means that for the time being, I am going to share this bread with others (if I do) and finish it off. It is so good but I am not ready to put it in the freezer yet.

I have been on a reading binge. It helps me to see how other authors write their stories and why it is that they sell so many copies.  I did see both Steve Berry and James Rollins in person at the local bookstore years ago.  I have been a fan of both for a long time.   It is quite difficult to maintain a steady novel list of thrillers to devote so much time and passion in order to seduce readers to keep reading your works.

I had not thought that I would be interested in learning about the sacred artifacts of Jewish history but in fact it was quite interesting after all. It does make one understand more than ever that Jesus was quite a shock to the staid Jews when he  admitted that the true temple is the person, and not some edifice or structure in which people place so much importance.  Jesus said that the truth is within, that the Kingdom of Heaven is within, and it takes a long time and experience for that realization to make sense.  This novel is mostly about Jews but it does show the conflict when a Jewish man marries a Christian and converts to her faith. That becomes a very important and major factor in the plot of the novel.

The novel also reminded me of the time I visited the Klutz region of the Smithsonian Institute.  Many things were brought back to me while reading this novel. I had come upon the godfather chair there and had had this compulsion to sit in it, but I did resist strongly.  I was reminded of that again.  That is very important to me, and I thought about it again tonight...thoughts come to me which I won't put on paper but I admit that a thought remains instilled within me.  The Riggs bank then also  comes to mind, so I am writing this now to remind myself if necessary later.

No comments:

Post a Comment