Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Journals and Diaries

I wonder if people do write secret thoughts in journals or diaries when they believe that they will be read somehow.  If one wants to keep a secret, should he do it in a journal?  But where else can one find a place to unload one's thoughts so that nobody else will become burdened by them? I have just been reading a journal purported to be written by Marie Antoinette when she first arrives in France at the Chateau de Versailles.  I believe that I know the author, and I was quite taken up by the story that she told but I could tell who it is by a few tell-tale author's lingo.  I am sure that it is Melanie who wrote this tale.  I had been looking up blogs about Marie Antoinette when I found this and decided to read it since she has been selling it through her Madame Guillotine blogsite for some time.  I cannot use a credit card on the internet due to past problems so I have not read any of her Marie Antoinette storylines until  now.

I use the journal in my novel on Alexander to share his thoughts as well.  It is a common device but it is the only way that one can get into the thoughts and emotions of the character from his point of view unless you use him as the narrator of the story.  In this case, it is difficult to do to think that a young child could write a diary.

However, with the Egbert cartoons, one can see that one can think as a fetus even.  That would make a great story to tell, the nine months of a child living within the womb of a mother to be, and how that child decides whether he will love and accept her or hate and reject her.

I think I would write it so that my half that is sperm is my twin half and the half that is ovum is the other half of that twin half, half from mom and half from dad and me, I am the ONE whole that came from that thrilling performance designed to make me come into the world.

Oh, heck! I will publish this anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment