Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Taxing week

I had no idea that this week would be as rewarding and as tiring as it has been.  I could not sleep before going to Colorado and all I have done since returning is to sleep. I am so tired I could sleep day and night it feels.

Colorado was so wonderfully green that I simply cannot get over it or forget it. I still think about it.  It is amazing when one leaves southern Arizona to see life on the planet as green as can be.  The truth is that from the air there is so much land beneath us that is barren and unpopulated as to make one's head spin.  I cannot get over the fact that there is so much good earth beneath us. One of the things that impressed me most were the shadows or reflexions of the clouds.   That totally fascinated me to see white clouds look like black patches on the Arizona red earth.  No greenery there. Nothing but red, red, red.

It is strange to me to see how people congregate and populate certain sections of terra firma.  People need to be close to one another and it shows so well when entering a city from the air.  Phoenix is absolutely astonishing to see from the air.  One city which lies to the east of us was astounding in its boundary lines.  It was as clear as anything on a map to see the layout of the populated area and the lines at which the developments ended. 

The other peculiarity is always how tiny everything looks from a given height above the ground.  Buildings and cars look small and tiny until one lands  right next to them.  Suddenly, their size has increased.  No wonder so many mistakes are made about distance, but it always confirms to me that that the ufo that I witnessed had to have been humongous since I saw it at such a distance. That is something to consider when eyeballing these flying unknowns in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment