Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, July 6, 2012

Shocker for me this day

I just learned of two childhood acquaintances who have passed away.  Joyce Donahue Harmon had been a young girl who was in my first grade class at Franklin School.  She was a thin, pretty girl who was quiet and shy in our class.  She had pretty long blonde hair as I remember.  My memory of her is that she played the role of Cinderella in a class play when Miss Armstrong chose her for the lead role. I was one of the ugly stepsisters with Dorothy Vetter and Norma Tinker who was the ugly stepmother if recollection serves me correctly. I am going to find my photos from that group again to put on VW album when I get to it this weekend. What makes Joyce's death unfortunate for me is that I just learned her birthday would be this coming July 24 when I am flying to Durango to see my dad in case he passes soon.  It may be my last chance to talk to him when he is well enough to make conversation.

Art Good is a neighbor who I knew from that same time period.  He lived around the corner from me,   I had once asked his cousin Linda who is who just told me about these two in a post I just received.  He died on the second of July, one day after Joyce's passing on the first.  Art was a class flirt of the kind that is a bit scarey to girls who are on the shy side.  But he married, had a family, and probably turned out o.k.  I had had a bad experience due to him that is played out in the movie Titanic. I reminded him  of it after Linda and I became reacquainted.

May they both rest in peace.  But this has come as a shock to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment