Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, July 30, 2012

How to publish a book

I will have to write most of my work at livejournal or wordpress I am beginning to believe because I do not know whether it is the computer, the blogger, the word processor or what, but I hate it when my paragraphs get deleted without my consciously doing it.  I cannot figure what causes this here but I dislike it intently.

My paragraph that was suddenly deleted out of the blue is simple...it is difficult to be a successful writer/ author in this day and age. I just read an article from the guardian which warned about self publishing, that too much money is expended with little return.

My point is that one begins and finishes a novel for the primary purpose of finding readers who will finally read the novel that you worked out so carefully.  I have been mulling over the problem of what to do with my novel which has only just begun.  I want to finish it completely, have it written in an acceptable and publishable form so that the world can learn of my topic through my point of view, through my eyes.

I honestly believe that the advice given in the guardian article is fundamentally correct.  There are so many people in the world today who have a story to tell that how does one find the right author and story for your own particular reading interests. I know my own preferences. I don't read every book that is out. I am not interested in every historical figure, or every modern day fad.  In other words, the Harry Potter influence did not reach me.  I see that children love fantasy, and Harry Potter was a great serial fantasy, but I would not attempt to compete with that kind of fictional tale.

There is room for many novels in historical fiction. It is the one genre that I believe is the most interesting and fascinating when someone discovers and falls in love with some historical character.
I see that the Australian Museum is advertising the Alexander exhibition.  Believe it or not,  I am trying to find the way to travel to Australia to see this exhibit.  Maybe it will help me in my novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment