Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, July 16, 2012

Slept late today

What a time.I could see that someone in the West was getting lots of rain yesterday afternoon, but the most amazing thing that occurred was a light that shone through the clouds in the western sky. Thannks to slooh I learned of a phenomena which is on their websiite that looked quite similar. I am sure that it was just the sun casting a great light around a particular cloud but it was truly awesome to see.

I had left my phone at home to recharge so I did not get a photo of it. I carry my phone to use for photo opportunities but had to miss this one.

I dwelt upon my mother's death in a previous post.  I guess it is something that one just does not forget easily.  My mother and I had a very close relationship especially in her later years.  We had our share of problems as she had had bad nightmares at night which were very disturbing. I attribute all of it to her excessive amount of medicines that she was taking.  She was clearly overdosed and I don't believe that many of them were that good for her.

She suffered a lot in her old age, as she had way too many problems for a woman her age.  She had had bad feet all her life, having planter's warts on the bottom of her feet, then she developed knee problems for which she had surgery to have knee replacements.  That did give her relief from the pain in her knees which was excruciating. She was in her early 70's when that happened so now that I am at that age, I understand her wish to have me spend my time with her.  I do fully understand and agree that she needed help. I need it now myself and I have fewer health problems than she had had.

She then came down with Parkinson's disease which caused her to fall on several occasions. She was a heavyset woman so that picking her up was a difficult thing for me to do.  But I often got her up from where she had fallen when it was in the house. She once fell at a Safeway store which frightened me no end.  She was with my dad when that happened. 

Thinking about all of that now is why I am going to make the trip to see my  dad finally after these many years.  I spent a lot of my time devoted to caring for my mother which my dad and my brother have never full realized or appreciated as far as I am concerned.

So I guess I need to put into writing my feelings now.  I feel very compelled to remind myself of all that took place since my folks left the state of Michigan to live in the Western half of the nation. 

No, I am not one bit sorry that I do not have a daughter or a son to look after me.  I am happy that I will be able to leave this world without caring or worrying if an offspring will have a good life or not.
My mother always worried about me.  Who will look after you? she would say, and I would say, I will take care of myself. Don't worry about it.

So that is the way it is for now.  Going to library and airport this day. I overslept this morning.  But it felt good and I needed the rest.  So it is getting late and I am closing the computer once I log this on.

No comments:

Post a Comment