Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, July 20, 2012

Conference of the Gods (First draft edition)


This is the first of several occasions when the gods gather to discuss their involvement with Alexander of Macedon.

Introducing Zeus and family

"Yaaaaaaaaahoooooooo!" Zeus roared.  Everyone in the kingdom heard him and came rushing to see  why he was so excited.  Athena was the first to reach him.  "What's with you, Father Zeus?", she asked.  "I could hear you whooping all over the Heavens!"

"My son is born!", Philip and Olympias have given birth to my son!", Zeus replied.

"How did you do it this time, Father? Did you do it in disguise?  Did Olympias recognize you?" Queen Hera asked.

"No," he responded quickly. "It was easy....At his birth, I breathed my breath of life into him. I waited until he was coming out of the womb, and I gathered him to me and forced the breath of my life into him. He will have my vitality, my wisdom, my energy, my intelligence, my voice, my life for all the days of his life.   He will be my voice on the earth!", Father Zeus said proudly. "  He is my child, my offspring, though his earth father Philip brught him forth with Queen Olympias, he will always be known as  MY son."

"We will watch over him for you, Great Father," shouted Athanea Pallas.

"We will give him great love and honor," said Aphrodite.

"I will invest courage, brvery, dash and spirit into him," shouted Apollo enthusiastically.

"I will feed him," said Dmeter. "He will never want for sustenance."

"And I will give him faith, mysticism, belief, and steadfastness," chimed in Queen Hera.

"I will give him strength of character, boldness, fearlessness," cried Poseidon Earthshaker.

"I will make him happy with my grapes of wisdom at all the festivals," exclaimed Dionysus.

Altogether, the entire boedy chorused, "Together, we will rule the world with him."

Father Zeus said to Apollo, "Go to see him now. I will be along soon."  With that, Apollo sped out of Heaven to stand in front of the happy Mother and Father to watch as Alexander was consecrated to Father Zeus and all the gods and goddesses in the Heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment