Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, July 27, 2012

Importance of childhood

I have had to catch up on lost sleep. Any dreams I may have had this morning were quickly forgotten.  I am quite sure that I  was involved in some.  When we think about our life, we finally realize the importance of childhood.  So many things occur to us when we are simply dependent upon adults for everything in our lives that we often choose to forget important signposts that occurred to us then.  I was reminded of this when I went to Colorado as I had a strong feel for Ohio City and my grandparents and relatives farms.  The country is always so quiet, so peaceful, and so lacking in people that when I was a kid, I always longed to go back to the big town where other people lived and played.  I grew up in both the country lifestyle and the small town atmosphere. 

Both my parents lacked higher education. My mother was a high school dropout and due to the depression, my dad was not directed towards higher education despite his academic marks and skills.  He went immediately to work, and that plays a very important part in the way we children were raised.  We were always told that we could do what we wanted to do when we had our own house and paid the bills ourself. My dad was a very hardheaded man, who had little time for his own children in my childhood. I grew up believing that he did not like us, and I am still pretty convinced of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment