Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, July 13, 2012

Alexander the Great sculpture

Top picture is of me trying to get something more into my photo album on this computer than just a running album of my changing hairstyles and moods.  But it is very difficult to take pictures of photos from books. The bottom photo is of a piece of Macedonian armor for it is supposed that of Philip of Macedon.  A tomb was opened which is alleged to be that of Philip since numerous objects were found that appear to be that of the Macedonian King and his family.  This chest covering is suppsoed to belong to Philip. I would question that until I saw it in person to be honest.  One could be able to judge his size by such a garment if it is one that was worn instead of a representative one to be shown for posterity to learn.  Why anyone would put something in a tomb thinking that someone would find it in a future date is speculation also?

The other picture is from a different source but it is supposed to be from the same period.  At this exact moment, I am not sure where I found this picture along with many others which I may decide to put on this photo album also.  But this is a carving of Alexander and Hephaestion along with others.  I cannot identify them all right now.





No comments:

Post a Comment