Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Follow up to Previous blog

I just read the mad monarchist at monaco's blog which is a picture postcard saying Happy Birthday to America.  (All lower case for a reason.)

When Susan offered to get my plane ticket, she had to ask me some questions, one of which is how do I spell my middle name. I was called by my middle name until I went to first grade whereupon my first grade teacher chose to call me Janet instead of Charlene.  My middle name was spelled Charlene until my brother began to call me Charlie.  Then my mother decided to stick the letter y  in it so it is now spelled Charylene.  Chary means stingy by the way, if you did not know that already.  Sometimes I live up to that. 

Reading about now in upper case Mad Monarchist of Monaco's blog, I remembered Princess Charlene. What a pretty name!  Between Prince Albert and Burt Reynolds, I have a few berts in my life!  Burt Reynolds is also born on the same day as I, but three years earlier.  His and mine is a long, long story long before Laugh In and Judy Carne, and later, Sally Fields.  But leave that for another day.

At any rate, my family and I are a group of fighters. We have all fought all our lives long.  Another hollywood buddy, Ed Anser, once made it clear that we are all bred like pit bulls.  Could be true. I don't take it all to heart though. It may appear that way.

At any rate, I always remember the day that Princess Grace had her auto accident. My mother and I were driving together on the same day.  I always associate that day with Princess Grace since Stephanie has explained a bit of what happened.

So Burt makes a movie with Sally called the Runaway Bride.  Smart girl!   I am beginning to ramble.  All my life is caught up by Hollywood so that I can nearly relive my entire life by watching certain movies, but one, I never wore a wedding dress, and I have never run away from a wedding. I always got out of the problem long before that stage of the game.

One of the reasons I came to love Madame de Maintenon. She is one wise gal but she had suffered througha miserble marriage with Paul Scarron, and was fortunate or unfortunate to suffer through a secret marriage to the king.  She wanted to stay single but somehow or other, could not find the way to avoid marriage as her friend Ninon d'Enclos had managed to do.

I believe the King liked the worn old shoe better than the tight, unbroken new shoes that a young bride would have been so he chose to stay with Madame de Maintenon who was the best insurance policy that he had.

Old habits are so much better than having to break in new habits.



No comments:

Post a Comment