Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is my mother's birthday.  She was born in 1920 so that she would be 92 today.. 

She died quickly, in the kitchen dining area, sitting at the dinner table where she ate. I was preparing coffee when she suddenly shouted out, "Help!" and I looked at her clutching her heart, and she became animatedly angry, yelling, "Come help me!" So I ran over to her and began pounding on her chest.  I heard her death rattle, and I began crying,"Mom, come back, Come Back.!" I was absolutely devastated so I blew into her mouth at which time she smiled at me, and her face went white, and her head then bent to the side. 

I ran out to get my dad, and he screamed, "Call 911."  So I called to get help, and almost as soon as I hung up, the ambulances came.  They applied a fibolater to her heart even though I knew that she was dead  They put her on the floor, and gave it a try.  My dad was upset, but all we could do was to follow them while they took her to the emergency room at the hospital.

It was a horrible morning. I can never forget it.  But we got through it.  She was gone. It was dreadful to watch how they handled her.  To see her body lying on the floor, then taken in the ambulance. I wonder still how I got through that day.  The attending doctor was nice to me then. 

All I can say is that she was lucky she went so fast, and at least, with a smile on her face. I think she found the light and went home to Heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment