Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Novelists and Authoring

I have been following a lot of authors in recent years. Years ago, when traveling through Washington, D.C., I chanced upon a pamphlet advertising for authors. Thus, I eventually entered a correspondence course in writing through the Children's Institute for Literature. I was amazed during the effort made to have a critic author who was supposed to help me with my writing. I had been an English teacher who had taught creative writing and other forms of writing to high school students. I had always been told that I was dedicated but I did not learn what dedicated had meant until I took this correspondence course with which my work was to be rewarded with personal attention by some already published author. Naturally, all these authors have pseudonyms and as with most fiction, probably their bios are just as fictionalized as their works. The amount of criticism I earned for my hard paid work was minimal and incomplete, sketchy at best, and taught me that the world of publishing is a lot of b.s. to put it bluntly. I did write a short story, purposefully selected the highest paid magazine, and wrote it based upon another already published but nonfictional version to teach children how to behave during a hotel fire. Much to my dismay it was returned, (and being a person who can receive vibrations even in the mail) with a rejection slip but with much love in it despite its saying no, I was disappointed and decided then and there not to bother any longer with attempting to sell my stories to that particular magazine firm. Sad to say, soon after that, a major hotel fire did occur in a major city (MGM in Las Vegas, NV) and I became wary even more of writing anything because I have an uncanny way of continuing to be prophetic in my writings. The fiction soon becomes reality as evidenced in several pieces, one a full fledged mystery novel, and most recently, some pieces written for my novel on Alexander the Great. End of Part I due to blogger style over which so far I have no control.

No comments:

Post a Comment