Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Novelists and Authoring Part 3

I promise never to buy this kind of computer ever again! Worst programming ever! But on with my story about authors and novelists, two of whom I had not mentioned are Nancy Bilyeau and Ruth Kozak. Nancy has just had her first novel published, and Ruth is working on her final editing effort before it is published. I learned much from Ruth Kozak and Scott Oden about technical aspects of writing that I had not known until they entered the picture. I did not realize how much it costs to have an editor carefully go through your novel before you submit it to publication. I learned query letter, and basic writing styles, as well as names of publishers through the correspondence school but that was about it. Through Ruth and Scott, I learned finally of the cost factor and the need for professional editors to help you fine tune your story. I have attended workshops where many things are discussed but never the actual publishing or business aspects of the work of authoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment